Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm so proud

Gallup Poll:
Please tell me how you would rate the honesty and ethical standards of people in these different fields -- very high, high, average, low, or very low? First, ... Next, ...[RANDOM ORDER]

% Saying
"Very High/High"


2000


2001

Feb
2002

Nov
2002


2003


2004



%

%

%

%

%

%

1.

Nurses

79

84

83

79

83

79


* * * * *

19.

Lawyers

17

18

--

18

16

18

I would like to complain, but my experience in the last month has reinforced for me why the collective opinion of lawyers is so low. In my book, as a lawyer your most important professional asset is your reputation. Given that, it amazes me how many lawyers (albeit still a distinct minority, in my experience) are willing to be intentionally dishonest and who (1) can sleep at night and, conscience aside, (2) also assume that such dishonesty will never catch up with them. And they give us all a bad name in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: