Sunday, January 15, 2006

Marathon day

Today was marathon day in Phoenix. It has not rained here in a record-nearing 90 days, but the forecast all week was that the rain would finally arrive this morning. It didn't, and the weather ended up being perfect. Anyway, I did finish (confirmable here). I am also proud to announce that my wife walked her first 1/2 marathon today and had a great time.

Because of some delays in obtaining donation notifications from the American Cancer Society, I don't have a definitive donation total at this point, but it now stands at about $4,000 (give or take a $100). I want to express my deepest appreciation to my family, friends and co-workers who contributed. Maybe, just maybe, that money will help contribute to the development of a new viable treatment just one day sooner than otherwise might have occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: