Friday, April 08, 2005

Change in blogging habits

Now that spring has definitely arrived, I think that it is a good time to alter my blogging habits. Let me explain.

In 2004, I became addicted to blogs in the lead-up to the “most important election of my lifetime." It was impossible for me to get too much information or to read too many opinions from across the political spectrum. I was fortunate enough to have Centerfield invite me to participate as a contributor, where I immediately had a blog audience of several hundred people a day to offer my thoughts to and ask for its reaction and comments.

By Election Day 2004, I decided that I would set up my own blog to talk about anything that I wanted, political or non-political, and I never really expected many people to read it. To my pleasant surprise, since then I have developed a modest number of regular visitors, and I have even received some links from famous bloggers such as Instapundit, Roger L. Simon, Michael Totten and Joe Gandelman. But the more traffic I would get (albeit always modest), the more that I would feel compelled to not just post things that I come across and are interesting to me, but to actually seek out things to post. And that is not what I want to do. Also, I want to spend the summer focusing on (1) enjoying the outdoors (including the pool) with the family, (2) my marathon training, (3) numerous outdoor projects, and (4) golf.

The point of this post is this -- while this blog will definintely stay active, expect fewer posts. If things are going on that strike my fancy, I might offer several posts in a day. If not, I may offer only a few posts in week. So keep coming back and if you don't find anything new, check out one or more of the blogs on the "Blogs I Read" list to the right. They are all more interesting than me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: