Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Penn State

I'm sick. These words express my thoughts very well.



I waited several days to write this because my first thought was what I would do if someone did something like this to my child. My initial reaction --
and I'm fairly certain most parents would feel this way -- was homicidal.
If someone molested my child, he would need the police to protect him from
me. If I found him first, his death would be neither quick nor clean. I
might spend the rest of my life in prison, though I'm not sure a
right-thinking jury would convict me. Those were the first thoughts that
popped into my head, and I'm not ashamed to say that. So why didn't Paterno,
a parent and grandparent who claims to have dedicated his life to the kids,
feel the same way? Why didn't he do everything in his power to ensure he
helped protect a kid who couldn't protect himself?
I hope that there is a special section of Hell for people like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: