Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Crackberry

Via Drudge.
Blackberry email devices can be so addictive that owners may need to be weaned off them with treatment similar to that given to drug users, experts warned today.
I have been meaning to post something on this phenomenon for a while based on my personal observations. I have a Blackberry that I use only when I travel. I maybe could make better use of it, but the way some of my colleagues use their Blackberrys befuddles me. For example, I see two guys from my office frequently in the morning walking the 3 blocks from garage we also park at, and they are checking their Blackberrys the whole way. Okay, that doesn't seem totally weird to me. What I find totally weird are the people who are so compulsive that they are checking their Blackberrys while waiting for the elevator, having left their offices only seconds earlier. What I find totally weirdest is the one guy who brings it into the restroom and is checking it while using the urinal. Not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: