Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bette Midler is a putz

Quotes from a Katrina fundraiser:
"I could sit up here and talk for hours about ineptitude, stupidity, blame, in-e-qual-i-ty, global warming, the dangerous destruction of the wetlands . . .

I am telling you these are not just dangerous times, these are disastrous times . . . we're surrounded by disasters - the war, the hurricane, Fox News. . .

A terrible thing happened to me. Today, I got a letter from the Republican Party thanking me, thanking me for supporting this Administration's policies. I did what any self-respecting American of intellect and class would do. I wrote, Go f--- yourself and sent it back - postage due. . .

I would never pick on George Bush because, you know, he's a big fan of mine. He came to see me in the Seventies. A coke dealer of his got him some tickets."
Obviously, none of this had anything to do with raising funds for Katrina victims. But beyond that, it is just blabbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: