Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Cable news

Question: Aren't more potential viewers interested in the latest on the investigation of the London bombing than the investigation of a missing person in Aruba (as tragic as the ending of that story is certain to be)?

Answer: Apparently not. I turned to the cable news channels tonight at 9:00 to get an update on the day's news from London. I started with MSNBC and found Joe Scarborough discussing the missing girl in Aruba. I flipped down one channel to Fox News and found Greta Van Sustren discussing the missing girl in Aruba. I flipped down one channel to CNN Headline News and found Nancy Grace discussing the missing girl in Aruba. With only one hope left, I flipped down one channel to CNN and found Aaron Brown talking about a major break in the investigation of the London attacks. (That sounded kind of important to me, particularly compared with the "we don't know anything more than we did 6 weeks ago" coverage of the Aruba story.)

Lesson: On the whole, the cable news channels suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: