Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Opening Day: A New Era

I was not lucky enough to have tickets for the first regular season game ever at Target Field, but I went down there anyway before the game to be part of the day. I walked around the plaza and checked out the numerous impressive details among thousands of others who didn't have tickets either. Then came the national anthem and the flyover of the F-15s at its conclusion, followed by an enthusiastic crowd roar that signaled the start of the new era. I then raced home to watch the Twins prevail 5-2 in a well played ballgame. Everything was perfect.

The accolades that have been showered upon this new field are unending. This is from a guy at Fox Sports:
In borrowing from the best of the new-age ballparks, the Minnesota Twins have created what might be the finest stadium of its generation. . .

[I]f there is a better place to watch a baseball game, I haven’t found it yet. The new standard has been set.
I'm going to 3 games over the next 3 weeks. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: