Thursday, May 04, 2006

More self-inflicted pain

After I finished the Phoenix Marathon in January, my second marathon in 3 1/2 months, I planned to retire. But recently my wife has decided that she would like to complete a marathon. She will walk and most marathons are not particularly walker-friendly, so she picked this one. Being a good husband, I have tentatively (and stupidly?) agreed to do it with her in 2007.

Pro: "The Mount Desert Island marathon will be probably the most breathtaking run you will ever participate in. Fall foliage will be at peak levels. The route goes past lakes, quaint village centers, high ocean bluffs, mountains of Acadia National Park and the only fjord in the Eastern United States. "

Con: "We would rate our marathon course as challenging. The terrain is hilly throughout the entire route. Though, we don't want to scare any runners off, prepare for a tough run. It is our opinion however that marathon running is supposed to be a challenge and that hilly courses are usually the most satisfying aka: Boston." Not only is it hilly, but miles 20-25 are all uphill.

My legs hurt already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: