Saturday, February 05, 2005

Super Bowl prediction

I'm picking the Eagles. Why? Because they are not supposed to win. From what I can remember, the betting favorites routinely won championship games in the 1980s and 1990s, but underdogs have been ascendant in this new millenium. That is the extent of my sophisticated analysis.

UPDATE: I should confess that I want the Eagles to win for at least two reasons. First, I lived in Philly for 2 years (during the Buddy Ryan era) and, although I was no fan, I know how committed the Eagles fans are. They need this. Second, with the Red Sox victory in the World Series this year and two Patriots Super Bowl victories in the new millenium, New Englanders need a win tomorrow in the same way that Warren Buffet needs a good stock tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: