Thursday, February 03, 2005

Rumsfeld



In May 2004, I said that Rumsfeld should resign over Abu Ghraib. (See here.) Well, apparently he offered - twice:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says he twice offered President Bush his resignation during the height of the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal, but the president refused to accept it.
I predict that Rumsfeld will again offer his resignation as soon as we start to reduce (even marginally) the troop levels in Iraq, and that Bush will accept the resignation at that time. I also predict that both of those events will happen very soon after the elections for a permanent government take place in December 2005. But an assumption behind these predictions (which I guess qualifies as a third prediction) is that we will get Zarqawi, and soon. To that end, I hope that this report is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: