Monday, December 06, 2004

It is always our fault

I strongly reject Ann Coulter's silly characterizations of "liberals" as a group as anti-American. However, there are at least some left-wingers who consistently gravitate towards the interpretation of any item of news that reflects most poorly on the United States or Americans.

Here is an example. The French make some chairs for the Queen Mary II, and the chairs keep breaking. The spin offered by our left-wing blogger is not that the French made defective chairs, but that Americans are fat and " Somehow this story sums up our culture so well…"

My first car was a Renault, so I know based on personal experience that the French are at least capable of making a shoddy product. I also know many overweight people, and I have never seen any of them break a chair. So my conclusion based on this story is that the French made crappy chairs.

P.S. When I see similarly stupid B.S. from right-wingers, I will complain just as loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: