Friday, November 05, 2004

Senator Kerry: Thank You

I offer a few comments about Sen. John Kerry from someone who came semi-close to voting for him.

  • In general, I admire and respect him more now than I did 12 months ago.
  • I rejected every invitation to micro-evaluate his miltary service to our country. Who the hell am I to judge that?
  • His immediate post-Vietnam activities are hard to understand, but I gave him a complete pardon for them for the purposes of this election.
  • He was the most "electable" Democrat. Dean would have lost by 10 points.
  • Kerry ran a good campaign and there was nothing he did wrong that can reasonably argued changed the results.
  • Bush won, Kerry did not lose.

Thank you, Senator Kerry. You forced a real debate.

(For cross-post at Centerfield and comments there, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: