Friday, November 05, 2004

Minnesota Vikings' politics

Before the election, I could justify to myself an obsession about day-to-day political activities on the grounds that one nose-pick at a debate might change 500 votes in Florida or Ohio and, thereby, change the results of the election. Thankfully, that is over. Now I'm going to try to spend more energy on non-political issues.

For me, part of my reintroduction to normal life will involve the Minnesota Vikings. I could say much about this group of heartbreakers, but I will start with the fact that Mike Tice is in the last year of a contract if the team does not pick up an option. Last week, owner Red McCombs was quoted as say “Mike is going to stay with me as long as he wants to." But McCombs later insisted that Tice's status had not changed and no decisions would be made until the end of the season.

McCombs is a flip-flopper, and Vikings fans need a new, local owner for immediate emotional security. But the everlasting emotional security that could only be provided by a Super Bowl victory continues to seem beyond our reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: